Search The Ultimate Student Section

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"Bouncing with Mo:" Coach Mo Cassara Answers Your Questions!


Hofstra students,

Check out our first installment of "Bouncing with Mo," a new segment here on The Ultimate Student Section where Coach Mo Cassara shares his feelings with Hofstra students about the current state of the team, and most importantly, answers questions submitted by you! So keep those questions coming; maybe next week your question will be answered by Coach Mo!

A loud shout out to the Lion's Den,

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for your support throughout the beginning of the semester. The season already tips off in two weeks against the Fresno State Bulldogs right here at the Mack. I can't wait to see you all there! I know you guys will give us the 6th man on the court and lead us to a big victory!

Enough with me, I'd love to hear what you guys have to ask. I'll do the very best I can to thoroughly answer your questions each and every week.

Welcome to Hofstra, Coach! Let me say I can't wait for the season to start and for you to bring us a CAA championship. However, will some practices be open to the students before the home opener so we can see our Pride before then?
- Mike in Vander Poel Hall

Thanks for the kind words Mike. Just like you, we all want to bring a championship to Hofstra. It's where the hardware belongs. As for practices, all of our preseason practices are unfortuately closed to the public. We have many new members on the staff, new student-athletes on the team, and are implementing a new system. As a result, we want to limit any distractions as possible. However, once the season starts, we will have several practices open to Hofstra students only. Stay tuned for more news on that.

Coach Mo, how much better can our star player, Charles Jenkins, get and do you think he could possibly go to the NBA next year?
-Tim in The Netherlands

Tim, Charles definitely has the potential to lead our team to the CAA Championship and even has a chance to make it big at the next level. Not only is Charles a great scorer and defender, but is a heck of a leader. He's already taken the freshman and transfer students under his wing. The one thing we're going to ask more of from Charles this year is to take more control of the offense. If he can do that, then the future will be very bright for him.

What did you know about Hofstra before you came here?
-Tammy from Alliance Hall

Hi Tammy, interesting question. I'm originally from upstate New York, so I'm definitely familiar with both Hofstra's great academic and athletic reputations. When I was with Dayton University a few years ago, I remember we came here to play Hofstra and I remember being very impressed with the Hofstra campus. What a coincidence that in a matter of time, I'm the head coach at such a prestigious school! With the men's basketball program excelling under Coach Wright and Coach Pecora before me, I know that I inherited a very good program. My goal now is to make Hofstra Men's Basketball a great program.

No comments:

Post a Comment